Hi

Someone here (sorry can't remember who) posted that in 2003 SP1, we are
able to put a Group to manage a group and update membership.

I've been testing that and I'm kinda stuck - after assigning a group &
ticking "Manager can update membership list" - the user in that group is
unable to manage the other group.

Groupname to be managed:        group1
Groupname to manage:            group2 (username1 is a member of group2)

Under Managed By tab of group1 - I assign a group group2 and ticked
Manager can update membership list

Login as username1 and I am UNABLE to add or modify any members (if I
assign directly to a user account it works)

Eventhough it doesn't work - dsacls shows that group2 is assigned the
correct rights which is
SPECIAL ACCESS for Add/Remove self as member (defined as WP;member)

Anyone has tested this functionality and get this to work yet?

I'm trying to achieve group to self managed its member - meaning any
member of the group can add/remove/modify membership list (group1 to be
managed by group1).

Thank you and have a splendid day!

Kind Regards,

Freddy Hartono
Windows Administrator (ADSM/NT Security)
Spherion Technology Group, Singapore
For Agilent Technologies
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx