Title: Cross forest trusts and site & subnet syncing

I am researching x forest trusts and the need / advantage in syncing sites and subnets between forests. I have found a MS paper which describes multi forest scenarios in some detail but would ideally like to see a paper which describes the process used by a root domain DC to locate a root domain DC in the 'other' forest in more detail.

i.e. does the DC simply look for a DC in the same site as itself? If so, then this implies that both forests need to have a similar site naming convention, which may be an issue :) Does the DC cache the DC used (and form a secure channel) or is some other mechanism used?

Does anyone know of any detailed papers which cover the above? [I thought I once read a paper available in the w2k3 JDP timescales, but have not seen anything similar post RTM.]

Thanks in advance,
neil

This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you received this message in error please delete it and notify us. If this message was misdirected, CSFB does not waive any confidentiality or privilege. CSFB retains and monitors electronic communications sent through its network. Instructions transmitted over this system are not binding on CSFB until they are confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure.