And, from personal experience in our Enterprise, I can absolutely guarantee that what Darren says is true.  I, too, had a problem where policy parts and pieces were getting applied.  Looking into it, if I ran GPResult/RSoP, I could see that more and more was being applied on each reboot  (again – this was XP…  Win2k worked fine).  Turned off ‘Fast Logon Optimization, and it immediately resolved the problem.

And, to that – not one user has complained that it takes too long to boot up, either.  Wouldn’t have mattered if they had, anyway.  J

-rtk

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:29 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Computer Configuration GP applying to W2K but not WinXP

Yes, this is expected because Fast Logon Optimization is enabled, which essentially says don't wait for the network before presenting the logon screen. This screws with certain policy. Try enabling the following policy on those XP machines:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon