From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 4:11 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] joining domain is not easy ?

greetings,

this always my nightmare, everytime i connect a new computer to network to join the domain either i get his message "THE NETWORK PATH WAS NOT FOUND" or "CANNOT JOIN THE DOMAIN....." I've check the IP and did a Ping on it and everything looks fine, when I set the workstation to hookup to our LAN internet it responded well, but when I need to join the domain it is very "Annoying" it just can not join the domain. I even configured it as a workgroup then configure it as joining a domain, still wont join. BUT if i remove the IP address and join to the old server first then put back the IP address and do the joining to the new server domain IT WORKS. why and how I dont have any idea. If needed for me to detail my problem by phone tell me.

rgds
cyrus