Hi Robert,

I received most of my training on 2000 server, Active Directory, Clustering
2000 , Exchange 2000 and SQL 2000 from Quickstart Technologies in san
Francisco.
All in all I have just about 600 hours of MOC training from Quickstart on  2000
server technologies ( Cathy Moya with Microsoft was one of my instructors at
Quickstart and she was also my instructor for TCP/IP for NT 3.51 and Windows 95
at Technowlgy Education centers in San Francisco back in 1996 ) .

I may be mistaken but in the MOC recovery labs I do not recall any mention of
using NTDSUTIL other then to seize the FSMO roles due to a failed DC controller
that held the FSMO. If Microsoft expects people who take MOC training at a CTEC
to be effective 2000 / 2003 sys admins then such procedure to remove failed
controllers should also be covered in the labs, and I also see no reason as to
why Microsoft does not have a GUI tool yet to remove such connections
effectively.

I'll have to be honest with you I have had no training on AD 2003 and I am not
sure if the 2003 AD class covers this, so if it does,  please accept my apology
for my comment.  ( I did take an Exchange 2003 Class from KenVonberg a
Microsoft MVP and MCT and the MOC for Exchange 2003 did not cover this either ).

I am not putting down Microsoft only suggesting improvements in it's flagship
product for ease of management.

BTW Technowlogy Education centers was actually spelled Technowlogy not
Technology before they were acquired by Productivity Point. :-)

Sincerely,

Jose Medeiros
Former Vice President and Postmaster NTEA
MCP+I, MCSE, NT4 MCT
www.ntea.net
www.tvnug.org
www.sfntug.org