From: Dan Holme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tue 24/05/2005 15:24
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; Steven Wood
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Delivering MSI packages effectively

If your domain is in Windows 2000 "native" mode (or Windows 2000 domain
functional level) or higher, you can effectively nest global groups into
global groups.

With a dispersed OU structure (I echo Jorge's question, "why"), I would
suggest:

1) A global group containing the computers of each classroom
2) A global group representing the software package
3) Nest the classroom groups into the software group
4) Filter the GPO to apply only to the software group.  Remove (don't
deny - remove) "Authenticated Users" ability to "Apply Group Policy" and
allow the Software group Read and Apply Group Policy.  If you're using
the GPMC (which you should be), it's even easier: remove Auth Users and
add the software group.

Dan