From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:45 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] _msdcs question

Exchange without WINS name resolution.

If you mean in a multi-domain environment, yes but.......

You don't need WINS per se. With appropriate DNS suffixes, you can overcome
the NetBIOS resolution limitations that necessitates the WINS requirement. I
am not saying don't use WINS or that you can get rid of WINS easily. I am
just saying that for purposes like these (Exchange install in a multi-domain
environ, or trust establishment, etc), it is not a necessity IF you do the
necessary home-work.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services