You asked about MOM vs. NetPro, and the feedback I've been getting from
clients is that while both tools are great, they serve slightly
different purposes.  One client described well what several have said:
that MOM is, like many MS tools, a fantastic *platform* (extensible, a
basis for future solutions, etc.) but thus was more complex than they
desired for the level of functionality they require right now.

NetPro was more out-of-box, ready-to-go.  I agree with what was said
earlier: your ramp-up time and expectation for "hands free" may be a
little lofty.  But if that is the case, my guess is that NetPro may
serve you well.  HPOV has advantages in very heterogeneous environments,
of course, and can serve spaces that NetPro and MS don't touch yet.

On a *personal* note, I've never met someone from NetPro I didn't
*like*--they seem to be very adept at hiring super smart, personable
folks.  That actually can make a difference in the long run.

But you're looking at the right tools.  You might be BEST served by
having each vendor spend 1/2 to 1 day pitching you, and hit them up with
the excellent feedback you've been getting in this thread.  I have one
client who just did that exact thing, and I'd be happy to hook you up
with him--he may have some very "fresh" opinions for you.

Dan Holme
Intelliem