-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ravi Dogra
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 3:44 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] DFS and Bandwidth

Thanks

This means DFS should work fine for me. I Need not to think much as i
have no big requirements of shares on my network the data is hardly
55GB. and an assumption is that my shared data is updated by  around
5% everyday (approx 25mb).

On 6/7/05, Joe Pochedley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 50 shares means nothing...  How much data do you have to replicate and
> how much data do you expect to change for each replication cycle?  How
> many DFS partners and what size pipe(s) do you have between them?  What
> type of data do you wish to replicate and how often?
>
> There's a big difference, say if you have 100GB and 50% changes on a
> daily basis or if you have 1,000GB where .1% changes on a daily basis.
>

> Joe Pochedley
> A computer terminal is not some clunky old television
> with a typewriter in front of it. It is an interface
> where the mind and body can connect with the universe
> and move bits of it about. -Douglas Adams

Ravi Dogra
9899647200
This e-mail, together with any attachments, is confidential. It may be
read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail
or telephone. Please then delete it from your computer without making
any copies or disclosing it to any other person.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx