From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 4:20 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Change password web interface

iisadmpwd VD is one of the VDs that is ALWAYS neutered on any IIS server I
touch - as part of my "server hardening" procedure. htr is one of the
extensions that gets unmapped in any IIS installation I do. I have been
doing this before IISLOCKDOWN and, luckily, before CodeRed I and II.

Your experience may be different. I am just pointing out that this is not a
secure way to do what you are doing. Roll your own solution. IISAMDPWD and
htr has been proven to be, shall we say, full of issues.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - we know IT