-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie Kaiser
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:46 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Group policy question

Rick; I sent you the file offlist. I just rebooted the machine and still
have the same problem. Back to the drawing board...
I wanted to run gpresult, but since I can't get to anything on the
machine... :-)
I did run it using PSExec from another machine while I was logged in as
the new user. I don't see the lockdown policy mentioned, but it's still
in effect. In my GPMC, the policy is shown as "all settings disabled".

Wait; wait; wait...

OK. I figured it out.

When I did the initial lockdown, I logged in as a test user and verified
that I couldn't get to anything. Once that was complete, I copied that
user's profile to the default user profile. I just tried copying one of
the old administrator-level profiles to the new account profile and it
works fine. It's not the GPO that's doing the lockdown; it's the
profile.
I wonder how I would have figured THAT out without knowing what I tend
to do with user profiles...

Thanks!

Charlie Kaiser
MCSE, CCNA