From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ruston, Neil
Sent: 22 June 2005 14:40
To: 'ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org'
Subject: [ActiveDir] Tuning the server service and event ID 2022

Whilst working with Windows NT and Windows 2000, I've encountered issues with the server service which manifest themselves as "event id 2022"

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=245080

Specifically, I have observed this on w2k DCs (SP3) and made registry changes to the lanmanserver key as a result. See below for detail.

Maximum Work Items      65535
Maximum Raw Work Items  512
Maximum Free Connections        100
Minimum Free Connections        32

The above changes appear to have alleviated the issues and I am now researching if these changes are needed on w2k3 DCs. I have read/been informed that the w2k3 server service is self tuning and therefore will not require the above changes to be made. I have also been led to believe that the default and max values for the above keys are significantly increased when comparing w2k and w2k3.

Does anyone else have any experiences / suggestions / best practices they can share on this subject?

TIA,
neil

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml