From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Desmond
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 7:44 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] New System Setup

My assumption based on the question is that the domain isn’t big enough for there to be perf issues at the i/o end of things. RAID1 with a hot standby works too. Given the 4hr or overnight replacement parts service on most new servers, might as well RAID5 them and get the extra space. I don’t know enough about how the RAID controller works to guess about which of the two scenarios has more of an impact.

--brian