I am trying to set permissions to a folder and all subfolders/files that allow a group to read/execute and write but not delete. I have assigned the permissions appropriately for the group (read/execute, list folder contents, read, write) to the parent folder and reset all subfolders/files.

The users are supposed to open a template excel file, edit it and save it as a different file name into a subfolder in this folder tree. The problem is that when they try to save the file as, they receive an error stating that the folder is read-only. They can create a subfolder and save the file in there, but this is not acceptable.

Is what I propose possible or does this group simply need modify permissions to the folder tree?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel DeStefano