Don't forget to upgrade the schema.

Za Vue wrote:

This is how I did mine.

1) AD Forest prep
2) Domain Prep
3) AD domain prep /GPO
4) Make sure all DC replicated successfully! ( I waited a day)
5) Depromo DC-1 than upgraded it to W23K (This of course also removed the W2K AD tools *not compatible w/W3K*) 6) Dcpromo DC-1 again. Now I have W2K & W3K domain controllers in the forest. 7) After a few days of no reported issues I transferred all AD roles (5) to the W3K DC. 8) Dcpromo DC-2 and upgraded it to W3K and so on. I could have just removed the W2K AD tools and upgraded the DC straight to W3K, but I wanted to do a stand-alone upgrade.

I maintained at least two DCs in the forest at all time. Before all the steps above don't forget to back up the system states of all DCs.

-Z.V.

Antonio Aranda wrote:

Thanks James and Chris

Essentially does this mean that I would have upgraded the domain to a 2003
configuration?

Antonio