I would like to delegate GPO creation to a handful of people.  I open
GPMC and then go to group policy objects.  I select the delegation tab
and try to remove the domain admins.  I receive an error -- "The
Request is not Supported"

Is my only option to go into the ACL on the domain using ADU&C and
strip their rights that way.

I realize that a lot of people on this board are going to ask why are
these people domain admins?  If you don't trust them to create a GPO
then they probably shouldn't be a DA.   I agree with those that share
that sentiment but I have given up on that fight at this point.
Sometimes the people the sign the checks win.

Thanks

Mike