From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Desmond
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 12:02 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: DHCP Capacity Planning

Has anyone got some insight/links about a scenario like this?

Three DHCP servers (could offload to separate machines). ~650 sites, 2 subnets a pop, ~70K dhcp clients (maybe another 10K, no idea what the mac population is).

What kind of hardware requirement would I have to support this on Windows 2003 doing DHCP for this kind of setup. I haven’t a faintest clue what the load on the current environment is (runs AIX).

Also wondering what DNS servers running hundreds if not thousands of zones looks like from a hardware standpoint.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond