From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 9:09 PM
To: ActiveDir (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] Win2k3 server issue

Ok, i'm going thru this one more time because its driving me nuts-

i win2k3 sp1 server was made a domain member by an admin.
I then was called to install exchange 2k3 on it.. i term serviced to the server
and ran domainprep(forestprep was run ages ago) and i got a "exchange2k3 is not
compatibile with this software" error, which i googled and was told was benign
as long as i installed sp1 for exchange after install.
ok, i ran setup and i got an error that the win2k3 server was not a member of
the exchange domain servers group and i would have to manually add it. That was
weird because i could've sworn setup does it for you.
so, i navaigate to the group via aduc and when i try to add the server, the
object picker can't find it.
you can see it in aduc in the computers container but the picker can't find it.
also, the servr does not show up in Term Services manager
the server also registered its a and ptr records in dns and is pointing to the
correct dns servers.

on my gc, i get this error-

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   NETLOGON