-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Fleischman
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:24 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: Confidential Attributes (was RE: [ActiveDir] Who was asking
for a list of SP1 changes? I think it was this DL......)

> > ~Eric wrote:
> > We actually block all base schema elements if I remember correctly.

> No you don't. Of the 1070 base schema attributes, you only block the
1007
> ones that are marked as category 1. The remaining 63 attributes, such
as
> msDS-ExternalKey, are not marked and therefore don't have this or any
> other protection for base schema attributes.

Looking at your example msds-externalkey, I don't see the base flags bit
set. Therefore, it would not be blocked.
Looking at the code, right now, I stand by the earlier statement: we
block base schema elements. Base schema elements are defined as the
elements with the base schema flag set. All of them should be blocked.

Please show me an example of a base schema element with the base schema
flag set where I'm wrong.

~Eric