Guido

Where I work we have a small/medium installation of about 1400 pcs.
We use GP for installation of programs that are .msi

However this method work extremely well with a high success rate and
100% monitorised (unlike GP). We use it with success to update the
antivirus signatures daily. We also use it to update service packs at
weekends as we have many offices with low bandwidth.
We have an inventory database of the PCs. There is a field that
contains a random number that is generated daily. We use this to order
the software installation. Basically what we do is the following

run a script that
1.Loop through pcs
2.      get the name of the targets from a database.
3.      If software not installed then
4.              if pc online (ping it) then
5.                      Install software
6.                      Write installation information to database
7.Next

Regards

Peter Jessop

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx