Dan Stanford wrote:
XP station, they get a modified desktop theme, instead of the default XP
"teletubbies" one - it has the classic task bar and start menu.  This
doesn't happen if I create a user with a local profile.  I know this is
going to fox some users - does anyone know how to stop it?

I assume you mean you want the local profile to also have the "classic" look? If so, then you want to modify the default user profile. First, create a new local user. Modify the environment to reflect what you want a new user to see. Once complete, logout and login with another user acct with admin privs. Go to System Properties -> Advanced -> User Profiles -> Settings. Highlight the newly created local profile and click "Copy To." From there, browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User" and select OK. In the "Permitted to use," change to "\Everyone"

It took me a few tries before I got it all sorted out. Knowledge of the registry comes in handy. Also, this is well documented on the internet if you do a search for modifying default user profiles. Some people get really fancy with it :-)

HTH,
Wilson