-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rick Kingslan
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:28 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Smart array(OT)

Ultimately, not wanting to cause an argument over RAID technology - if
you're looking for RAID 10 (and this is what I forgot to add to the last
post) look to RAID 1+0.  It's a striped mirror, which is what the original
design defined.

The terminology is often confused.  RAID 0+1, RAID 1+0 - what the heck does
THAT really mean?

Look, if you will, at the name.  RAID 0 - a stripe, then +1, a mirror.  RAID
1, the mirror pair, then +0, a stripe.

Simple, huh?  ;-)

Rick