joe will undoubtedly reply, but here's a couple of things to consider.
You've looked at the AD SID for a computer object.  Did you look at one for
a user or a group?  What you SHOULD find is that the SID is going to share
some specific similarities.  For instance:

S-1-5-21-3779066958-2660189832-1200827 will be the same SID prefix for all
security principal objects in your domain.  Each domain will have its own
unique SID.  RIDs are appended to uniquely identify an object in the domain.

So, your computer had a Relative Identifier (RID) of 3391 (Remember the FSMO
role of RID Master?)

The Administrator BY DEFAULT will be:

S-1-5-21-3779066958-2660189832-1200827-500

Guest WILL BE:

S-1-5-21-3779066958-2660189832-1200827-501

The Domain Admins group WILL BE:

S-1-5-21-3779066958-2660189832-1200827-512

After the default groups ( the Builtin groups have SIDs that are
pre-programmed for Special Purposes), users, etc. are all created, the RID
Master will start handing out RIDs from 1000 on.

So, knowing that each and every workstation joined to a domain must have a
unique object SID - what would the next assumption then be if I have 7
workstations that have the same workstation SID (each of them are an
independtly operating NT system with security principals of their own)
trying to join a functional AD system?

You're not at square one - you have all of the information in front of you -
you just need to put the pieces together.  ;-)

Take a swing....  I'll drop more bread crumbs if needed.

Rick