Destructive migration is not sounding real good at the moment. Restoring all of the user and objects back the way they were probably isn't an easy proposition either, I'm guessing.

As for the profiles, would the profiles be "migrated" as well with admt version2, meaning when the user logs in as domain-destination\username, the same profile would be there as the one domain-origin\username? The reason I ask is that even if the migration is a move and not a copy with admtv2, I may need another reason to push for a commercial product. If admtv2 can't do the above with the profile, how difficult do you think it would be to script something for ~2500 users so that when they walk in on Monday, all they have to do is log in and all things are good to go.

Sorry for the ramble. Thanks for the reply.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Almeida Pinto, Jorge de
Sent: Fri 7/29/2005 10:29 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Intra-forest migration

when doing intra forest migrations some tools are destructive menaing the old user account is deleted before the new one is created. Reason is with a intra forest migration the GUID does not change (SID does) the problem with this is it does not provide fallback. In fact it is a MOVE. As I know, Domain Migration Wizard from Quest does a copy and thus providing for fallback concerning the user account which is a pro. There also cons when thinking about profiles, when thinking copy compared to move. It all depends on what you want and like best

Cheers
#JORGE#