Everyone is making a number of suggestions/comments that hit home to me,
so rather than chiming in with <AOL>Me too!</AOL>, I'll bring up the one
that makes me crazy that no-one has mentioned yet:

Restoring a domain controller to alternate hardware (think Disaster
Recovery drill at a company like Sungard) should Not. Be. So. Friggin'.
Hard.  It's better in K3 than it was in 2K, but it's still way too much
of a hothouse-flower-y delicate operation.  (Maybe Longhorn's "AD as a
service" will make this better.  I can hope, at least, because right now
it still sucks canal water.)

- Laura

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx