-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mylo
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 3:30 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] My endless question day continued- Exchange attri
butes

Rick,

Thanks for the response and of course you're right. The difficulty
though lies with the complexity you refer to. Case in point.... Exchange
Resource Forests. There's a lack of detailed documentation on the MS
site. I've been looking at a dual forest solution with an E2k3 forest
having an external trust to an account forest and I'm trying to
establish what functionality, if any, Exchange-wise, is lost (compared
to a normal single forest deployment). I know it's not a particularly
common deployment scenario (unless maybe MCS are involved) and that this
is an AD group ;-)... but I suspect, short of building a PoC environment
or answers from the group, finding out things like mailbox
delegation...whether FE/BE  topology works etc, means test test test :-)

Mylo

Rick Kingslan wrote:

>Mylo,
>
>I'll answer this, and when joe gets back online later, I'm sure that he'll
>correct me.  <j/k joe!>
>
>In my mind, you have two choices - a secure and workable solution with
>separation with a potential of added complexity, or a much less secure,
>combined environment.
>
>I have a saying that goes with this:
>
>Security != Easy, or "Security and ease of use are diametrically opposed"
>
>Everyone has to make decisions based upon what their sensitivity to risk
is.

>Rick

On