OK, new machine (AMD64... oh yeah!) is up and running.  I'm not going to go
back and catch up on everything, but this one caught my eye.

We used NIC teaming for years.  We had multitudes of problems, more
associated with either our setup team not setting the NICs to 100/Full
consistently, or the Network Engineers not doing the same.  If this is NOT
done, you will have issues.

Also, there are specific problems that can crop up with ARP and virtual MACs
that the teaming software creates.  This becomes most apparent during
troubleshooting, but can cause issues that only your Network Engineering
team will see - and they really aren't worth irritating, because to a great
degree - you need them more than they need you!  :o)

That being said - in 6 years of doing and managing NIC teaming, our stats
showed that we had two NIC failures, which were easy to diagnose and
resolve.

Conversely, we had uncounted numbers of issues with ARP, MAC, and other
teaming related issues that affected troubleshooting, problem resolution,
and overall network (subnet or switch scope) performance when things went
bad.

Given that, we made a decision to bail on teaming (except for very specific
systems that it had shown to be a true benefit - and DCs are far from a
system that showed benefit) due to the lopsided number of issues caused as
related to those actually solved.

For me, that's the metric.  If a solution is not really solving a problem,
or is causing more problems than it is solving - why do it?  It's basic Risk
Management.

However - YMMV.  This is just my view.

Rick