Hi,

We applied sp4 to our w2k based AD this morning. It was a tad hurried as one of the ms05-039 based worms showed up inside our border router (laptop from home) so not everything got tested in our test domain. We noticed that Unix based applications that used Kerberos authentication (we have a MIT Kerberos infrastructure for the Unix systems) to read and write to AD started failing.

The error isn't very helpful either - "Miscellaneous failure (Cannot re
solve KDC for requested realm)". All w2k DCs are on line and functional. The trusts to the MIT side are still there.

I've been looking through the sp4 docs and I don't see anything obvious but I may have missed something. We also applied the ms05-042 Kerberos spoofing patch but according to the docs it doesn't change functionality without a registry change.

Any ideas?

        al
--

Al Lilianstrom