From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: 27 August 2005 08:16
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Password policy change

Yep, OWA is Outlook Web Access. If you haven't seen it, it is gorgeous in
Exchange 2003. It looks almost exactly like Outlook. Unfortunately, if your
password is expired (forced or otherwise) you aren't getting into OWA. I
also don't believe it has a password change function if you just want to go
and change it, but that could be something that could be enabled.
Alternatively you set up another web page to do it.

As for the OPs original issue. It all comes down to implementation. You told
the system to not allow people to change the password if the password age
was less than one day and then were confused when it did exactly that. The
reason for it is that there is one attribute for password age, pwdLastSet,
and it doesn't distinguish between a helpdesk set operation or a normal
password change, they are both password changes and you only want one day
between every change. The proper way to handle that case is to force the
user's to change their password on next logon (which sets the pwdLastSet to
0), but as you know, that will kill OWA users. So you either need another
process to follow for OWA only users, install some third party or custom
inhouse tool, or drop the minimum password aging.