From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Kern
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:56 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] disabling users

you don't think one can get by in IT with just one lang?
can't you do everything in perl that you can do in _vbscript_ and then some?
I'm sure you can get by on windows with just perl.
i'm in a multi platform enviorment and frankly i just don't have the time to learn both _vbscript_ and perl.
i would end up just knowing both a little and badly.
my brain can't keep jumping from one to the other and in scripting, if you don't use one lang for a while, you forget it.
in which case i'd just end up bugging you guys on this list again for examples.
i'd like to get to the point where i can do it myself and trying to learn both will never work for me.
i have a hard enough time keeping as much as i can about windows and AD and exchange and some linux stuff in my head.
2 scripting langs will make my head explode. i'll never remeber them at all.
i just need to learn one and devote myself to learning it well instead of being a scripting jack of all trades and master of none.

as to perl books, then where can one lern COM on perl?

thanks alot guys!