From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Tom Kern
Sent: Mon 9/26/2005 9:42 AM
To: activedirectory
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] flaky gpo

ok, last time i reply to my own email :)

I applied a gpo to add 3 domains to the dns suffix search order.
these 3 domains show up in the gui, when you right click a net adapter but
the change is not reflected when you do an "ipconfig".
the output of "ipconfig.exe" is different than whats in the gui in "network
connections".
also, when you ping a unqaulified name, it doesn't apply the search list from
the gui but rather the one in the output from "ipconfig.exe"

why is that?
does "ipconfig.exe" get net info from a different place than the gui in
"network connections"?
why would the gpo apply to the "network connections" info but NOT the
ipconfig.exe info you see in cmd.exe?
and why is ping.exe only using the one in ipconfig.exe and not the "network
connections" one.

thanks

P.S.- all clients are dhcp, if that provides any clue.

thanks again.