From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Jaspreet Singh Jolly
Sent: Sat 10/1/2005 8:13 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Domain Rename Issue

Hi Tim,
OS is Windows 2003. Functional Level is Windows 2000 Mixed Mode.

Yes as i plan it when we rename XYZ.com to say 123.ABC.com number of domains
in the forest would still remain same i.e 1 (one) as we dot have trust
relationship between these domains and they are Standalone forests.

After Renaming we want to create Trust relationship between ABC.com and
123.ABC.com.
And i want to do this so that i dont have to use ADMT or USMT.
If what i am planning is accomplished then we will not have to reconfigure
user profiles which is the most difficult task in this whole exercise as all
the users are of higher management and Profile migration for them is very
critical.

( One more question after Domain Rename activity do we need to reconfigure
the user profiles? As if we need to do that i will change the plan ).

Regards,
Jaspreet.