From: Frank Abagnale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 00:46:53
To:ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] AD Question for your peers-GPO

I have exactly that, a Servers OU and a Clients OU which I put my Workstations/Servers into.

But the default OU I am talking about is where all the computers go to when they are first added to the domain. They are then manually moved to the respective OU once a week.

thanks anyway

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Easiest way: put the servers in one OU and the non-servers in another OU.
Then create one policy for each OU.

There are other ways, like adding the servers to a security group and
filtering your policy by group membership. The separate OU formula is easier
- IMO.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services