We have used NOD32 here for a number of years. At this point, we will not use
it on any servers. The reason is the .dll that they use to scan the web
interface for viruses and the like interferes with a lot of install programs,
running applications and it will not work with the firewall client from ISA
2004 at all.

While a nice and great program for the end machines, except for those with
the firewall client on ISA 2004, I have found it to be too much of a problem
on my servers to be trusted any more. The updates/installs that we have had
problems with include Cold Fusion, IIS 5.0, certain workstations that use
tcp/ip ports for publishing and other issues in the AD realm. Unfortunately,
NOD32 doesn't allow for that .dll not to be on the top of the TCP/IP stack
and certain functionality demands of the TCP/IP software needs to have that
control. We have gone as far as to use MSConfig to stop Nod from loading at
all, but the .dll still gets control of the stack.

YMMV

    Felis demulcta mitis ...
Alan G. Monaghan
   [ MCSE+I - Win4.0/ MCSE - Win2k/ BJCP # C0389(Recognized)  Ò¿Ó¬ ]
Systems Administrator
Gardner Publications, Inc.

*Phone ...... 1-513-527-8867
*Fax ........ 1-513-527-8801