Hi Ryan,

The greying out of the settings is a "good thing". Basically any well designed program that provides a user interface to a regitry setting should grey out settings that are managed via the Policy key. This is really saying "This setting is set via policy. Don't fiddle with it". When it used to be ungreyed, I would have thought you still would have had problem, since next time policies applied it would set it back anyway.

While you could temporarily change it as Derek suggests, I presume you want to permanently fix it. As you suggested, you can block inheritance for the OU, but this is not nice since it blocks all policies (except those with No Override) from flowing to that OU.

Your other options is another policy connected to the OU that reverses the policy setting, or create a group of all your CITRIX machines and put the group in the DENY list for the policy.

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:05 AM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] TS GPO and Citrix Settings

If you just want to make a quick change, go into the registry and delete the policy subtrees (from HKCU or HKLM, or both).  They'll come back on the next policy refresh, but it'll give you a few minutes.  I can't remember off the top of my head where those setting are stored: [software\policies], [software\microsoft\windows\current version\policies]