We have a web based application that is behaving slightly different
depending on the users version/patches of Internet Explorer.  I was
wondering if someone would shed some light as to what the numbers mean
under "Version".  I understand it is Version 6.0 but what do the
subsequent numbers mean?  I also understand under Update Version those
are probably patches that have been applied.

For example, Computer One works fine and this is what is listed under
Help - About

Version:  6.0.2800.1106 xpsp2.503001-1526
Cipher Strength:  128 bit
Update Version:  SP1; Q818529; Q330994; Q828750; Q832894; Q837009;
Q823353; Q867801; Q903235

Computer Two is having the issue and this is what is listed under Help -
About

Version:  6.0.2900.2180 xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
Cipher Strength:  128-bit
Update Version: SP2

The main difference between the two is Computer One has been on the
network for some time and thus has quite a few security patches whereas
Computer Two is new and only needed a few patches.  The problem seems to
be on the new workstations.

Thanks.

Tony