-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thommes,
Michael M.
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:56 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] rebooting a patched, but stubborn DC

Hi Susan,
     Thanks for the response.  No UPS issues.  Checked the services
remotely and didn't find anything unusual.  The DC did finally reboot on
its own shortly after I sent out my first message - about 2 hours after
the original patching and message saying it wanted to reboot and I
clicked OK.  The event logs showed nothing of any consequence, just a
big (2 hour) gap in the system event log entries (between the entry
saying it initiated shutdown and the entry saying the system was coming
back up).   The security log showed no gaps at all.  Am I the only one
that sees this kind of behavior on W2K3/SP1 servers?  I normally don't
use the "/console" switch when I TS in (eg, mstsc.exe /console).  I
wonder if that could speed the process up.

Mike Thommes