-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stevo
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 1:56 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Windows 2000 / Exchange 2000 Upgrade to 2003

Experts,

I have a small domain with 3 Windows 2000 DCs and 2 Exchange 2000 mail
servers (across 2 sites).  I'm planning on upgrading both the domain and
Exchange to 2003 and would like some recommendations from people who have
actually done this (successfully would be preferred).

The questions I have include the following:

1) What is the best order to perform this upgrade?  Exchange first or Domain
first?
2) Would it be better to perform an upgrade of the existing controllers, or
bring new 2003 DCs online?
3) Same for Exchange - should I upgrade the Exchange server, or should I
bring a new 2003 Exchange server online concurrently and then migrate
accounts over to the new server?
4) What are the gotchas?!!

I am planning on replacing the hardware of all DCs and Exchange servers, so
any advice around best practices would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stevo