Is it possible within MSFT DNS to only accept DNS forwards from internal requests?

Please consider the fact that a domain may not always be configured to look at internal DNS servers only.  Also, it is not required for a domain to be used when DNS services are required.  DNS may be configured on a machine that is for either internal or external use or both.

If this is possible, this will help with “DNS Smurfing” attacks that could affect a network.

If you haven’t read it already, you may find the information in the URL http://www.measurement-factory.com/press/20051024.html useful.  This article brings me to my question about preventing external DNS forwards.

Thanks,

Edwin