From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 8:40 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] salary(OT)

Joe, I'm not sure what you've been smoking lately, but it must be good.  A
few clarifications....

We had more reviewers for AD3e than any other book I've done recently.
People were asking us to review the book so we never had a problem finding
enough reviewers.  Rick, don't take offense.

The book is going to be released the last day of December and will be in
stores in January.  Originally they said it was going to be in stores by
December, but apparently that isn't the case now.

Lastly, they are expecting to sell quite a bit more than 2000 copies.  The
first sell-in may be more than 2000 copies.  O'Reilly wouldn't have done
this book (much less expedite it) if they thought they'd sell only 2000
copies.  They intend to do some special promotions with this book and
hopefully it will have a significant store presence (ie, a few copies in
most stores.)  The 100ft ocean liner is still out of the question, but you
should have no problem purchasing a used hole-free 10ft jon boat with one
oar off ebay.

Regards,
Robbie Allen
http://www.rallenhome.com/