Go to the HP drivers page for your server and download the MS-DOS SCSI
drivers. Copy the appropriate driver(s) to your boot disk, and add the
driver(s) to the config.sys file. You should be good to go!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Medeiros, Jose
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:31 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Recommendations for a DOD wipe of a RAID Array?

Greetings,

I am trying to use Symantecs Gdisk with a /DODWIPE option to do a
security wipe of  a Compaq 7000's Raid Array, however using a dos boot
disk will not allow me to access the disk array. My work around on this
was that I created a 32 bit bootable CD-Rom using Bart's PE and I added
the server's 32bit Raid controller driver which now allows me to access
the disk array. However since it is running a 32bit OS, gdisk will not
work as it is only a 16bit program. When I try and use Symantec's
Gdisk32 which will run, the /DODWIPE option is not available.

Does anyone know if Symantec has an updated version of GDISK32 that
supports a DODWIPE? Does any one have any prefered tools other then
GDISK that they can recommend that will work with my Raid Array?

Since there are some HP employees on this list, does HP have a
recommended tool they provide there customers to use on Proliant servers
before decommisioning them?

Sincerely,
Jose Medeiros
ADP | National Account Services
ProBusiness Division | Information Services
925.737.7967 | 408-449-6621 CELL
MCP+I, MCSE, NT4 MCT
www.ntea.net
www.tvnug.org