From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Yaremchuk
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:05 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] DFS and child domains

Hi everyone.

I have been migrating remote sites from Netware to Win2k3 for the last 2 months.  I have been recently vetoed by the Director of Technology and I am being forced to migrate all sites into child domains as opposed to the OU model I had initially started. I have a DFS share where I keep all msi applications deployed through GPOs. I want to retain this structure as the MSIs are reusable from site to site. The problem I am having is creating the DFS share. Every time I attempt to create the DFS I get “The request is not supported” Error on the final setup page for DFS.

Does anyone know if there is something I need to enable in order to create a DFS share between child and parent domains? It worked fine under the OU model so I am thinking that the change from OU to child domain model has maybe left some crap behind that could be causing this as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,