From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Phil Renouf
Sent: Friday, 18 November 2005 6:17 a.m.
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Renaming AD accounts en masse

CSVDE is probably a good bet since you have the information in Excel already:

Phil

On 11/17/05, Rimmerman, Russ < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What's the easiest and quickest way to rename a large (1000+) number of AD user accounts?  LDIFDE? AD.NET?  Or is there something easier?  I'm going to be importing 1000+ AD accounts that are first.last for the username and will want to rename them to a specific username listed in an excel spreadsheet.

This e-mail is confidential, may contain proprietary information
of the Cooper Cameron Corporation and its operating Divisions
and may be confidential or privileged.

This e-mail should be read, copied, disseminated and/or used only
by the addressee. If you have received this message in error please
delete it, together with any attachments, from your system.

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.