-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harald
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:54 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Server Disappeared

Yesterday morning I had to change my Win2k Server up a bit. I wanted a new
static IP address, and the ISP told me that in order to do that, I needed a
new NIC (MAC Address). So, I switched the cables on the back of the server,
and got the new IP for my external card.

I then reversed the settings on both NIC's, so that my (new) internal card
used the old internal settings, and the (new) external card used the old
external settings.

I double-checked the DNS server settings, and they were properly updated. I
don't use DHCP internally, so I figured that should be all that I needed to
do.

However, I have lost my internal network connectivity. The DFS no longer
works, from my network machines to the server, though it does work from the
server out. I also can no longer connect to the printer which is connected
through the server.

When I try to map an external drive, when I click on the browse button, all
the machines show up except for the server.

I've checked each of the workstations, and they can all connect to each
other, but as far as they are concerned, the server does not exist.

Obviously there is something on the server that I missed, but I have no idea
where to even start looking. Can anyone help me to figure this out?

Thanks.

--
Harald Gill
Without Dreams...Life is Nothing