Overall I wasn't thrilled about everything being named Active Directory this or that. There was and is still is more than enough confusion with ADSI and whether or not you can use it for non-AD environments. It is entirely marketing driven.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Williams
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 7:00 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Quest Migration manager(OT)

They're being rebranded anyway.  I believe the DS guys at the summit said IIFP will become Active Directory Meta Directory Services.  Not sure if MIIS' name will change.  Certificates and AD as we know it are all going to be rebranded, in what would appear to be a much more meaningful set of names.  All under the lovely banner of Active Directory - which is good, as it gives all people, including numpty salesmen and "technical architects" (read stupid pre-sales people) a clear idea of the "family" of products that everything is to become...