Most all of the scripts have been modified. Several of the larger main scripts were modified considerably or completely rewritten.

The chapters I recall the biggest changes to were the Security, Schema, and Replication chapters. At least those are the ones that I got stuck on for some time that stuck out in my head. There were terms in the replication chapter that the only google hits were for that AD1E and 2E books so I tried to bring that all up to match up with the MS docs and names for the concepts, etc. Again the security chapter changes were huge, the previous examples really were not "optimal".

The ADAM chapter, R2 Chapter, and Exchange Basic Tasks chapter are new to the book. The Exchange Basic Tasks chapter is a slightly reduced and updated version of the chapter I wrote for the Server 2003 cookbook. The R2 Chapter is very small and quite frankly, there really isn't anything tricky about upgrading to R2. The ADAM chapter is all new and should be useful.

In terms of joeware version numbers, this wouldn't have been a 1.1 to 1.2 change, this would have been a 1.1 to 2.0 change.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Kern
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 12:08 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Active Directory 3rd Book

Does anyone know if the scripting portion of the book was changed significantly?
Or better yet, does anyone have a listing of the chapters that underwent a major change since the 2nd edition(I know about the security chapter)?

I have both editions and loved each one. The first edition was the first AD book I ever read.
I think that this AD book and Inside Active Directory 2nd ed are the best AD books out there and I recommend them it everyone I know in AD!

Thanks