Hi guys,

We have two DC's, one which holds the Forest FSMO roles, the other which holds the domain FSMO roles.

I plan to take each server down at different times so that one of the two servers can provide authentication etc while the other gets maintained.

Initially, I was planning on moving the FSMO roles to the other DC while maintainance work is carried out and transferring it back once it's online again. I would then do the same for the other DC.

I was then told that you don't need to move the FSMO roles when you perform maintenance on a DC holding the roles. Each server will be down for about 2hrs.

Does anyone have advice for me? I would like to move the roles for peace of mind knowing they are available, but if I don't need to do that, I won't bother

Is there any recommended practice?

Amy

Yahoo! Model Search - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now