RH

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Susan Bradley,
CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:09 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] FSMO role transfer

<stupid question alert>

If the task is that trivial
If the benefit is so great
Why isn't it part of the AD snap ins as a one button task?

<sincerely, who needs scripting when you can ask for a gui/wizard or
button instead>

David Adner wrote:
> I'm not debating the effort it takes to make the change.  I'm saying I
don't
> see the point in devoting whatever amount of effort it takes for something
> that's going to provide benefit only, IMO, an extremely rare case.  And if
> that case happened, the corrective action is also a trivial process.  And
> again, I'm not saying I don't see your point; I just don't agree with it.

Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx