From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Kern
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:35 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] logon scripts

The 2nd script reads a value from HKCU\Software and writes it to  file

I need to read a value from it but I can only access it when the current user is logged on.

I don't know how else to gain access to that key since i don't know the user's sid, so i put it into a user logon script via GPO so i can read it when the user logs on and that key is loaded.

should i run scripts sycncronously to get this key or is there a way to read it without the user logged on?

thanks