I would have to call that .exe from the script, which is what I was trying to avoid.  Rather use built in wmi calls.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott, Anthony
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:01 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Win32Shutdown Method & Win2003

Why not use shutdown.exe?

Thank You,

Anthony Scott

Berbee

4690 E. Fulton Dr., Bldg. C

Ada, Michigan 49301

(616) 481-9722

(616) 464-6369

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harding, Devon
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:39 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org

I still get the same error running on a server:

Generic Error

It seem to be giving an error right at this point: objSystem.Win32Shutdown 0

Here is the whole script:

Set objWMILocator = CreateObject ("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")

objWMILocator.Security_.Privileges.AddAsString "SeShutdownPrivilege", True

Set objWMIServices = objWMILocator.ConnectServer(strComputerName, cWMINameSpace, strUserID, strPassword)

Set objSystemSet = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate,(Shutdown)}").InstancesOf("Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objSystem In objSystemSet

        objSystem.Win32Shutdown 0

Next

Have you tried your script as a plain admin on server? I wonder if it is not a question of privileges ...

Try to add to your script the following before connecting to the Root\CIMv2 namespace. Then retry ...